Minimum age to get a LDS Account, youth posting pictures

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:But the age limit for uploading photos is supposed to be 18.

I think that only applies to uploading their own photo. I believe that others can upload for children.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jerrobertson

Post by jerrobertson »

You do not have to be a member to create an LDS account. You do need to be at least 8.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Yes, a non-member can have a LDS Account, but without a membership number it will have no connection to the Directory or Calendar on lds.org which seems to be what's behind the questions.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

RussellHltn wrote:Yes, a non-member can have a LDS Account, but without a membership number it will have no connection to the Directory or Calendar on lds.org which seems to be what's behind the questions.

Good point. However, if I'm thinking of a child under 8 who is on the church records, that person does have an MRN. But if 8 is a requirement, then that won't work.

Someone who is 8 or over and unbaptized, but who has an MRN, should be able to get an LDS Account linked to the ward where he or she attends, correct? For example, a situation I see sometimes is where one parent is not a member and won't approve the child being baptized. However, it's okay for the child to attend church and the child is active.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mevans wrote:Someone who is 8 or over and unbaptized, but who has an MRN, should be able to get an LDS Account linked to the ward where he or she attends, correct? For example, a situation I see sometimes is where one parent is not a member and won't approve the child being baptized. However, it's okay for the child to attend church and the child is active.

I'm not sure how it's supposed to work in that situation.

mevans

Re: Minimum age to get a LDS Account, youth posting pictures

Post by mevans »

I have some answers:

I had a child turn 8 today, but he's not baptized yet, and I was able to create an LDS Account for him. So now we know that baptism isn't a requirement.

For people under 13 years old, it requested the MRN of a parent as verification that the parent approves of the child having an account. That might be a US privacy law, so your results may differ in other countries.

He cannot upload photos from his account.

Interesting that I went to verify that I could not create an LDS account for a child under 8 and between the time that I created the account for my 8-year-old and went back to create one for a younger child, the LDS Account enrollment page changed significantly. I guess I was in the middle of a deployment.

Return to “Church Account”