Important Tools Section for the Clerk Site

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
Aeroengineer1

Important Tools Section for the Clerk Site

Post by Aeroengineer1 »

I would like to see a weblink on the current Clerk site that is a here are the web tools that are available for you. Or an Important Tools link. One of these important tools that I just came across is because I was looking for something completely different and happened to find the link. I went back to the clerk's site, to see if it was listed anywhere, and I could not find it. If we can bring to the surface these tools from the depths of the clerks page/forum if would be very helpful. Also the Clerk site is full of dead or looping links that link me right back to the page I was one.

Here is the tool that I found to be very useful, but not really easy to find:
http://www.tm.lds.org

Here are some of the bad/dead links or pages that have bad/dead links on the clerk site:
Firewall Overview
https://www.lds.org/callings/melchizede ... ?lang=eng#
There are circular links in the following headings
Integrated Wifi
Extending Meeting House Wifi
Frequently Asked Questions

I had found a dead link, but I cannot find it again.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Important Tools Section for the Clerk Site

Post by russellhltn »

aeroengineer1 wrote:Here is the tool that I found to be very useful, but not really easy to find:
http://www.tm.lds.org
It's tm.lds.org. No "www". And it's not for clerks in general, but for STS & stake clerks. That's probably why it's not on that site.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Aeroengineer1

Post by Aeroengineer1 »

Sorry, must have blindly typed it in.

You bring up a good point then, As a Stake Clerk and STS there does not seem to be a central repository of information. I was under the impression that the Clerk site was the location for all Clerk/Tech info for all levels of Clerks and TS. At least that is how it seems represented. Is there another place that I need to be looking for this information?

Adam
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mhtech.lds.org seems to be the best site for now. But if the tm link is in there, I don't see it.

As a STS, I can't even access clerk.lds.org, but I can get into leader.lds.org.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Aeroengineer1

Post by Aeroengineer1 »

Thanks for the link. I just wanted to clarify this is the Clerk and TS site that I was referring to:
https://www.lds.org/callings/clerk-and- ... gy-support

I believe that this is the site that the link that you gave me is telling me to go to as it seems that the wiki site is "soon" to be depreciated. In fact it seems that the date for depreciation keeps moving back.

Adam
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

aeroengineer1 wrote:Thanks for the link. I just wanted to clarify this is the Clerk and TS site that I was referring to:
https://www.lds.org/callings/clerk-and- ... gy-support
That is the Record-Keeping and Technology Support site. You will see it commonly referred to as RKATS throughout the forum and in some tech articles.

The link you gave in the OP does have a hyperlink that points back to the page currently displayed rather than to the correct page. Please note there is a feedback link near the bottom of the page for the purpose of reporting these types of issues. Reporting these issues through that feedback link is the best way to get these types of things to the right people. Anyone who can do anything about it most likely will not see it when it is reported it in this forum.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Aeroengineer1

Post by Aeroengineer1 »

Thank you all for helping me to get up to speed with the terminology that is being used around here. I guess that one of the reasons that it is hard is that the current websites all seem to be in some state of migration and use names that are not really what they are called. I just went to one page that is being depreciated and this is the message that I get:

Content previously available on this page is now available at the new Clerk Support site.

This takes me to the link that I posted previously that I was calling the Clerk site. Also I will click on those feed back links, though I am not hopeful as I have submitted suggestions though them before only to get a canned response and see no action taken. I was hoping that there was more monitoring here.

Adam
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

aeroengineer1 wrote:Also I will click on those feed back links, though I am not hopeful as I have submitted suggestions though them before only to get a canned response and see no action taken.
While that feedback systems appears to dump your feedback into the dark abyss, it is distributed to the correct people. Since there are a lot a feedback reports covering a myriad of topics it is difficult to get a human response in any reasonable amount of time. Getting even an automated response is good. At least you know it has been received and has been forwarded. I would rather have the ICS people working the issues than spending their time responding to reports.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

Please note there is a feedback link near the bottom of the page for the purpose of reporting these types of issues. Reporting these issues through that feedback link is the best way to get these types of things to the right people. Anyone who can do anything about it most likely will not see it when it is reported it in this forum
Feel free to email me directly when there's an issue that needs attention and no Church employee seems to be aware of the thread. My email is johnsonth@ldschurch.org. I'm going to try to do a better job keeping up with hot forum topics (though my engagement depends on my fluctuating workload). The Feedback email (which uses Allegiance to manage the content) is monitored by 100+ LDS.org response volunteers. But most of them are Church service missionaries rather than subject matter experts about specific products, so they may not have the right information to respond well. Many product managers receive the email (compiled based on keywords) as well, but they may not always have the time to read through them carefully or respond.

Re the dead links on the RKATS site, I'll let the Meetinghouse Technology team know. I know they recently moved a lot of content off the wiki onto the RKATS site, and there's a separate web publishing team that's in charge of the content now.
Aeroengineer1

Post by Aeroengineer1 »

Thank you brothers for your help. The forum seems to be very active and helpful. This gives me hope that I can wrap my head around this calling and help out our stake despite lack of centralized info.

Adam

Return to “Main Church Website”