Need "Why Mormons Build Temples" Video in HD

Use this forum to share and discuss ideas that do not fall into a specific audiovisual media type.
adamloughran

Need "Why Mormons Build Temples" Video in HD

Post by adamloughran »

Is there any way to get the following video in 720p or 1080p?

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video ... s?lang=eng

The only download options are small and medium. We are going an open house in our Stake and want to show that video but want to be a good picture.

Any thoughts?
danielyanez

Re: Need "Why Mormons Build Temples" Video in HD

Post by danielyanez »

+1
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's possible it was never shot in HD.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

adamloughran wrote:Is there any way to get the following video in 720p or 1080p?
I have seen times when a particular Bible video was available in higher resolutions one day but not on another day. My guess is the site declines to offer higher resolutions during times of high load, and Christmas activities are pushing up site load. If you try to download it at different times of the day, you might find it available at a higher resolution on one of those other times. Early morning might be better than evening.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think something else is going on in that video. It's a 16:9 in a 4:3 frame in a 16:9 frame. That is, letterboxed and pillar boxed.

Poking around, it was posted on YouTube back in 2009. I'm unclear if it was a new video or something already done. If it was intended for YouTube, that might explain the lower resolution. YouTube added support for 720p just 4 months prior to the upload. I'm not sure how long they spent making it, but it might have already been in production.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I just found this video on lds.org which is available in high-res format.
https://www.lds.org/media-library/video ... s&lang=eng

It has much of the same information as the older one, so it may be useful to you.

Return to “General Media Discussions”