Messenger

Use this forum to share and discuss ideas that do not fall into a specific audiovisual media type.
srichey

Messenger

Postby srichey » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:32 pm

Is it possible for me, a Senior Full-time Missionary, to access Messenger without first having to use Facebook?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Messenger

Postby russellhltn » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:24 pm

I'm pretty sure that you need at least a Facebook account before you can use Facebook Messenger. That probably includes a minimal profile, but that doesn't require you to post anything.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

davesudweeks

Postby davesudweeks » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:54 am

If you are using a tablet or phone, you can use the Facebook Messenger app without having the Facebook app installed (I do this on an Android tablet). I use my Facebook account for the Messenger sign-in.

There are other apps for texting and video messaging if that is all you want to do (when I was deployed with the National Guard in 2016 I used Google Hangouts almost exclusively to communicate with family members).

kelvinpalmer

Postby kelvinpalmer » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:54 am

You need a Facebook account before you can access the Messenger. But, you can temporarily disable your Facebook account and keep your messenger running. You can do that.

Return to “General Media Discussions”