Strategy for playing "Come, Follow me"

Discussions on how emerging technology can assist the distribution of media content through mobile, kiosks, Internet, social networks, etc.
crees

Re: Strategy for playing "Come, Follow me"

Post by crees »

russellhltn wrote:
crees wrote:I think this TV does have a Ehternet RJ45 Jack.
The model given by drepouille does have a RJ-45 jack, but it's labled "RJP". The owner's manual doesn't give any details, but the sales brochures say "As a versatile addition to the TV viewing experience, LG's optional autosensing Remote Jack Packs (RJP)*, can serve as a multimedia hub that can be installed conveniently on a table or in a wall. Connect portable devices such as a laptop, mp3 player, or a digital camera to display images, play video or music from the set."

All indications are that it's only to connect a proprietary device, not to a Ethernet system.

Your correct just so happens our stake had the similar same model. I googled it and the specs indicated Ethernet as a feature but this rj45 port is not labeled physically as Ethernet. So who knows what voltages it could be sending out.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

I couldn't find the exact pinout, but I did see that one of the pins can carry 12V, which can possibly be harmful to Ethernet devices.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote:I couldn't find the exact pinout, but I did see that one of the pins can carry 12V, which can possibly be harmful to Ethernet devices.
Considering that Ethernet seem to run at most from -2.5V to +2.5V, yeah, that could mess with your day.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
hacheema

Re:

Post by hacheema »

jimhyer wrote:
aebrown wrote:My stake president has asked me to download all the videos and create a DVD. That is the best solution for our stake in general, given our older TVs (which all have DVD players) and a significant number of teachers who lack the technological expertise for any of the other options.

So if there's going to be an ISO image available before the first of the year, I'd really like to know, as it will save me many hours of work.
What software are you using to create the dvd? (convert the MP4's to the old VOB format)
I have used AppGeeker video converter to convert MP4 video files into something such as vob a DVD player can read.
Check the possible solution here: Convert the mp4 files to vob format
I Just tested on a 2:30 min movie trailer and seemed to work just fine.

Cheers
sherwinharris

Post by sherwinharris »

I have created a DVD iso. If there is anyone that knows of a place I can upload it for others to download and burn, please let me know.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sherwinharris wrote:I have created a DVD iso. If there is anyone that knows of a place I can upload it for others to download and burn, please let me know.
That would be nice, but I'm afraid that runs into copyright issues.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

sherwinharris

Post by sherwinharris »

How does it run into copyright issues? I am not selling the content which has been distributed free of charge with all relevant copyrights remaining intact. I am not attempting to take credit for anything nor is my name even anywhere on the DVD. It is not illegal to redistribute copyrighted materials that are freely provided.
sherwinharris

Post by sherwinharris »

Based on this page,
https://ue.ldschurch.org/ldsapphelp/sho ... -3-dvd.htm
The Church is advocating creating a DVD as I have described.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sherwinharris wrote:It is not illegal to redistribute copyrighted materials that are freely provided.
Illegal is a strong term, but it most certaly is a copyright violation to re-distribute/re-publish someone else's material without their permission.

Note that it's acceptable use to make a DVD - it's publicly re-publishing the ISO that's the problem.

gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

Well, there's this page... http://www.lds.org/legal/terms?lang=eng. And here are a couple of points...
All material found at this site (including visuals, text, icons, displays, databases, media, and general information) is owned or licensed by us. You may view, download, and print material from this site only for your personal, noncommercial use unless otherwise indicated.
and...
You may not post material from this site on another website or on a computer network without our permission. You may not transmit or distribute material from this site to other sites.

Return to “Digital Media”