Legit email from the Church about Password expiration reminder

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
tLynP3t3rs0n

Legit email from the Church about Password expiration reminder

Post by tLynP3t3rs0n »

I received an email message 'from the church' that says I need to change my password or I will be "locked out" of some Church systems. My "Church account password will expire on 22 July 2019". Is this an official email from the church? They have a Gobal Service Center # 855-537-4357 or email at Global Service Center. It looks legit, but has "2014 by Intellectual Reserve, Inc." Not 2019 as the year.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Legit email from the Church about Password expiration reminder

Post by russellhltn »

It probably is legit. Church employees, including seminary teachers and I believe some temple workers are required to change their password periodically. This is due to the computer systems they have access to.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

But unless you completely trust the email, it is wiser to go to your account from a new browser window and not click any link in an email. You can change your password from your "Account Settings" after logging in to churchofjesuschrist.org.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The phone number is valid. You can always call it and ask why you received the email if you do not recognize one of the reasons russellhltn mentioned. They should be able to tell you exactly what triggered the notice, or if it was erroneously sent, which occasionally happens.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

The emails I get to remind me do have the 2104 copyright on them. But as mentioned I always go to a browser and put in the address myself.

Return to “Church Account”