Not able to see my ministering assignment on app or lds.org

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
robbiecard

Not able to see my ministering assignment on app or lds.org

Post by robbiecard »

About a year ago I moved to my new ward. I moved ahead my my family by 2 months. And my records were bright over first and I could at that time see my home teaching assignment in lds tools, when my families records were brought into our new ward I was then unable to see my home teaching assignment. I am still unable to see my ministering assignment on lds tools app or from the website. My wife because of her calling can see my assignment from her account but I am unable to access it from my own account. I have asked the ward clerk and he is unable to figure out why I can’t see it from my account. He says it is in the system.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Not able to see my ministering assignment on app or lds.org

Post by jdlessley »

Members can view their ministering assignments and those who minister to them on Member Tools only. It is not available on the church's website, ChurchofJesusChrist.org. Only members of the ward council can view ministering online in Leader and Clerk Resources (lcr.churchofjesuschrist.org). Last week on Sunday and part of Monday there was some server issues that dropped the ability to view ministering from Member Tools. It came back later on Monday. If you have not sync'd recently then do so to see if ministering reappears for you.

Historically there are server overloads on Sunday that make access slow or connections to servers time out. That could be a reason you cannot see the ministering assignments also. Wait until tomorrow to try and sync Member Tools to see if your ministering assignments reappear.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I just had my daughter check, so it was an account without extra privileges, and she can see the ministers assigned to us and who I'm assigned to both in Member Tools (Android) and in Ward Directory and Map on ChurchofJesusChrist.org
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:It is not available on the church's website, ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
Actually, it is. Based on jonesrk's post, I went looking again. Oddly, those who minister to me are found under "individual" and not "household" level. I find it odd at a organizational level (since ministers are assigned to households), but I guess it was a UI decision since I can imagine the confusion it would have caused to see ministering in both places.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
seanbuddy7

Post by seanbuddy7 »

Hi!

I too cannot see mine or my Elders ministering assignments. I re-synced multiple times and days in the past week, deleted the app, and downloaded it again.
I am the Elders Quorum President in the ward and I have always been able to see ministering assignments. My wife who has synced her phone on the 5th of July and is in the RS Presidency and she can see hers? Can anyone help me out? Is there a box or a button I need to enable? - please help - we can’t give these brethren any more excuses not to minister... ;)

Thank you
owenfw

Post by owenfw »

Same here. EQ President, latest versions of iOS and Member Tools. All ministering info gone from app! I can assign ministering companionships through the web but I can’t view them on mobile!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you've synced during the week and still don't see ministering, I'd suggest using the in-app feedback to report the issue. Make sure to mention that you've synced on days other than Sunday.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
holreg

Post by holreg »

Same problem here. EQ president and can no longer see anything related to ministering assignments. Latest version, multiple syncs.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

If you are using only the Member Tools app to access ministering information you may notice ministering data to completely disappear following a sync during high server load times. High loads are notorious on Sundays. I have noticed this problem on my android device over the last four Sundays. I lost ministering data today during a sync just before out ward council meeting. So did all the other ward council members. This applied to iOS as well as Android devices. I have always gotten the data back after a sync when server loads were down. I just got the ministering data back a few minutes ago after another sync.

I have never seen ministering data to disappear from LCR for those with that access.

Personal ministering data is available (again) at the online Directory (see jonesrk post). It is not available for the household view as in the past but rather individually for each member (the same implementation as in Member Tools).
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
blarman

Post by blarman »

I synced on Saturday and now I can no longer access anything regarding Ministering. I'm a counselor in EQ presidency and I can't view routes to help my quorum members nor schedule/record ministering interviews. I've checked both web login and tools on my iPhone. If I try to use from Web login and go to "Serve and Teach" -> Elders' Quorum -> Ministering it just comes up "Not Found. On my phone, all the menus are just gone. If I've been released, nobody has informed me! ;)

Return to “Church Account”