Birthdate

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
mikaelynrm

Birthdate

Post by mikaelynrm »

My birthdate is incorrect on my account and it won't allow me to change it. I believe that when I submitted my paperwork after getting baptized, headquarters must've read my birthdate incorrect. Is it possible to get it changed by submitting something like my driver's license?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Birthdate

Post by rmrichesjr »

Talk to your ward clerk. He can arrange to get the information corrected on the records.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mmikaelyn wrote:My birthdate is incorrect on my account
As mentioned by rmrichesjr, talk to your clerk. Keep in mind there's a possibility you have the wrong MRN on your account. The MRN on a temple recommend can be wrong.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

What most likely happened is that the missionary who filled out the form reversed the month and day. The standard date format used by the church is DD MMM YYYY, but most Americans use the numeric MM/DD/YYYY format, which is frequently confused with other formats.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:The standard date format used by the church is DD MMM YYYY,
Which would be written something like 06 Apr 1980 - completely unambiguous regardless of the format requested.
drepouille wrote:but most Americans use the numeric MM/DD/YYYY format, which is frequently confused with other formats.
An American would typically write it as 04/06/1980, but if they're reading the form, they might use 06/04/1980. (In common use in other countries.) Either way, the person entering the data has no idea if it's supposed to be read as MM/DD/YYYY or DD/MM/YYYY.

If that's the type of error you're seeing, then yes, the clerk can correct it. But if the error is something different, please keep in mind the other possible causes listed, such as your account having the wrong MRN.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”