Stake Visibility

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
kylegraf1

Stake Visibility

Post by kylegraf1 »

I was recently called into the bishopric. While conducting a stake baptism I was told that no one outside of my ward can see my name or any of my fam members on LDS tools. I logged in to LDS.org and my account IS set to "stake visibility". NOT ward, not leader only, but stake. I clicked save again and still no one can see me outside of the ward. What do I do?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Stake Visibility

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest going into the Directory and Maps app on the web site and checking your visibility. Not just yours, but your household. If the household is set to ward, then you won't be visible even if you as a person are set to stake.

I think it's also available in Member Tools (was LDS Tools) app.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kylegraf1

Post by kylegraf1 »

That was it! You're brilliant thanks! Not sure how that got set to private but its all good now thank you!!!
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

kylegraf1 wrote:That was it! You're brilliant thanks! Not sure how that got set to private but its all good now thank you!!!
I have seen a few members in our ward who's information was set to "private-leadership only" and they maintain they did NOT make that change. I think one case was a sister trying to hide the email address of some of her children and she may have done it incorrectly. I help them change it back and move on.

Return to “Church Account”