Sign in

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Curtcocurtis

Sign in

Post by Curtcocurtis »

When signing in I enter my username and password and the “sign in” button does not work. The letters turn from white to gray then to white again so it seems to be responding to the touch but nothing happens. I tried to reset my password to see if that would help but when I entered any of the 3 options and each one said “this recovery option is not available for this account”. I’m stuck, I can’t log in and I can’t reset the account.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Sign in

Post by rmrichesjr »

It sounds like the account might have been locked out as a result of your attempts to log in. Fortunately, IIUC, lock-outs automatically clear after some number of hours of quiet. However, that could be made more difficult if someone else is trying to break into the account or if someone has a username close enough that they are inadvertently matching your username when they try to log in.

One thing that might be relevant is browser cache and cookies. Sometimes, browser cache and/or cookies get corrupted, which can cause lots of strange problems. Clearing your browser's cache and deleting relevant cookies can sometimes be helpful.
eharris

Re: Sign in

Post by eharris »

The same thing was just happening to me. I could not log in from my pc but all was working fine from my phone. That led me to clear my cache on my pc and that did the trick. You might try that.

As a side note, this coincidentally started after I was asked to enter a 4-digit code on the mobile app. I'm wondering if this new authentication process might have been the cause. Only my speculation, though.

Good luck.

Return to “Church Account”