Preferred language for email subscriptions

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
ribetme

Preferred language for email subscriptions

Post by ribetme »

My lds account has English as my preferred language but I've just received an email in French concerning my calling. How could I receive the email in my preferred language (English)?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Preferred language for email subscriptions

Post by rmrichesjr »

For the short term, does Google Translate produce anything intelligible for the message?

Can the message be replied to? If so, that may be the most direct method for getting the text in English.

If you have not double-checked your LDS Account settings, doing so might be a good idea--just for good measure.

Other than that, hopefully someone who knows something more about the issue (and solution) will reply.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

If you live in a unit where the primary language is not English, and it was a message specific to that unit, you probably received the email in the language of the unit. Otherwise, you should receive emails in the language you have specified at your LDS Account.

If it was unit specific, I do not know if the Global Service Center is able to split out the languages, because the message is usually a single message with multiple addressees. If the GSC cannot split the message, then your best recourse is to have one of the other priesthood leaders translate it for you or, as russellhltn said, use Google Translate.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I guess I should be honored when good advice is attributed to me, deservedly or not. <Grin>
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

russellhltn wrote:I guess I should be honored when good advice is attributed to me, deservedly or not. <Grin>
... and I am honored by your act of considering the advice to have been good.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The system that generates those currently looks at the language of the unit when sending them out. Since you are in a unit with French as its primary language, you get French!

I know the developers responsible for some of those emails have been looking at how to improve language selection. I do not know their time frame for making any kind of change.

Return to “Church Account”