Problem creating account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
pagomuz

Problem creating account

Post by pagomuz »

How can I create a new account for dad when it’s saying he’s already been registered but we don’t remover the email or phone number. Same problem happened when I was trying to make a new account for my daughter.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Problem creating account

Post by russellhltn »

Work with the ward clerk to put you in contact with support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jamiep39

Post by jamiep39 »

The easiest way without having to call support is to follow these steps:

1. Go to https://account.lds.org/recovery?type=username
2. Click "I don't know my username"
3. Click "Membership Record Number" (you might have to get that from a clerk, or it's on a temple recommend if they have one)
4. Fill out the form with membership number and birthdate and click Recover
5. Once the username is displayed, make a note of it.
6. Go to https://account.lds.org/recovery?type=password
7. Enter the username and click Recover
8. It should prompt you to reset the password

It looks like the new form when you click "Forgot your username?" on the sign-in page doesn't have the recover by membership number and birthdate option anymore, but the old one above probably still works.

If the above steps don't work, you might need to contact support.
trista_hibberd

Post by trista_hibberd »

When I tried these steps it told me that account recovery was not an option for this account. I know my phone number is set up for account recovery for my daughter and my email is used for my own.

Could it be because he's not 12 yet even though he is a Deacon now? Do we still have to wait until he's actually 12 to get an account?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

trista_hibberd wrote:When I tried these steps it told me that account recovery was not an option for this account.
There's an option in the account that prevents using the MRN for recovery.

You'll have to ask your clerk to put you in touch with support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sheriannerickson

Post by sheriannerickson »

I'm a senior missionary in Liberia. I am with a sister, trying to set up her church account so she can access family search and other resources. We did not receive a verification code. Waited 20 minutes asked for another code, and nothing came. Tried to re-sign in to the point of getting another code, and now it says we're blocked. Please help us.

Return to “Church Account”