changing email address

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
maxutils

changing email address

Post by maxutils »

I have been trying to update my email address for the past three days. I hit the SAVE button and it just won't save. I have tried two different computers.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: changing email address

Post by russellhltn »

What domain is it? Some have reported problems with ".family" addresses.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
beluem

Post by beluem »

I am also having the problem for one particular member. I try to change the individual email and I get this error: "Sorry, something went wrong loading the requested data" and no save. I am able to change other members individual emails, just not the member that actually needs it changed.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

beluem wrote:I am also having the problem for one particular member. I try to change the individual email and I get this error: "Sorry, something went wrong loading the requested data" and no save. I am able to change other members individual emails, just not the member that actually needs it changed.
Unless someone here on this user-to-user help forum has experience with this problem, there is probably not anyone who could do more than provide suggestions to try. The official support is the feedback link on the pages. Also, the clerk can contact membership support at the global service center or via a MLS message for assistance.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Note that there are some emails that the system doesn't seem to like. In particular, emails ending in .family have been reported to be rejected.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
webmonk

Post by webmonk »

I created two accounts for my two sons. The first one I didn't enter an e-mail address when creating the account and afterwards when I try to add one the save button spins but I don't receive the green box stating that the information has been saved. If I try to go to another section it states that information has been changed but not saved. I have logged out and back in and reloaded the page multiple times but it simply will not save the e-mail address. It has a .net ending.

For my second son I added the e-mail address when I was creating the account and it added fine. I was even able to go to the email settings and change the visibility and it saved fine.

I don't know what is preventing me from adding the email address to the account that did not have one initially, but if there is an issue with it saving it is not being reflected in an error message on the screen. Please help!

Return to “Church Account”