Putting another family members account on my computer

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
elainedianecarson

Putting another family members account on my computer

Post by elainedianecarson »

I need to help my Mother (with Alzheimers) with an online account on MY computer. Can I have another account on my computer?
eblood66

Re: Putting another family members account on my computer

Post by eblood66 »

Accounts aren't tied to computers so yes. However, if you are logged into your account you would have to sign out (click on the My Account and Ward menu and then select Sign Out) before logging into her account. In addition, your browser may save your account name and password and automatically fill them in when you visit the LDS Account login page. If so, you should be able to just type over that information and enter her account name and password instead to log into her account. But the details of that depend on what browser you are using.
drepouille

Re: Putting another family members account on my computer

Post by drepouille »

If this is a Windows computer, I would suggest that you create a separate Windows account for her, and use "Switch account" to toggle between your Windows accounts. That way, each Windows account should have its own set of browser password caches.
Her Windows account could have no password, and it could be a non-privileged Windows account. Your Windows account could be password-protected, and have administrator privileges.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Church Account”