Tax statement show different total than donation total?

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
mgibson007

Tax statement show different total than donation total?

Post by mgibson007 »

The total of my spouses and my donations from last year is different shows a different total on the official tax statement. The official statement is showing less than we actually donated. How can I fix this? Please help.
eblood66

Re: Tax statement show different total than donation total?

Post by eblood66 »

A few of the donation categories are not tax deductible. This includes most things that are entered into the "Other" box on the tithing slip. Specifically payments for scout camp, girls camp or other similar activities are usually not tax deductible. So those payments won't show up on your official tax statement.

If that doesn't explain the discrepancy then you need to take your donation records to your ward clerk and have them track down each donation that is missing and make sure it's correctly categorized and linked to your membership number. If there are any errors he will be able to fix it.

Return to “Church Account”