Qualified Charitable Distributions directly to church headquarters

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
leeanke16

Qualified Charitable Distributions directly to church headquarters

Post by leeanke16 »

I was just told how to obtain the tax statement for my standard tithes and offerings. However, I also made a Qualified Charitable Distribution directly to church headquarters. How do I obtain a tax statement for that donation?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Qualified Charitable Distributions directly to church headquarters

Post by russellhltn »

That depends on how you did it. My general advice would be to follow up using the same method used to contacted/donate.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Qualified Charitable Distributions directly to church headquarters

Post by Mikerowaved »

My experience in donating some shares of stock to the church was they snail-mailed me a letter after the transaction went through with the transaction date, the type of stock, and number of shares donated. It was up to me to determine the value of the stock on that trading day and use that, with the letter, to show how I established the monetary value of the donation should an audit arise. I didn't receive any further correspondence from the church for this transaction.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”