Cannot register my daughter because...

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
samuelcheney

Cannot register my daughter because...

Post by samuelcheney »

I am trying to establish my daughter's account but during the registration process, it said that her name was too long. I used MRN's for both of us, and when her information showed up, her full name was displayed correctly. Her first and middle names take up 39 characters to include 2 spaces between the 3 given names. Is there a solution here?
eblood66

Re: Cannot register my daughter because...

Post by eblood66 »

I haven't seen that error so I'm not sure what name it's talking about. It seems unlikely that it's talking about her name as recorded on her membership record. It may be talking about the user name or it may be talking about the Display Name. If the username you've selected is more than say 15-20 characters then I'd try a shorter one. For the display name you may want to try shortening it by only using the name she goes by on a day to day basis. That name only shows up in a few places, most of which are only visible to herself.

If neither of those help then you'll need to ask your ward clerk to help you contact the global service center and see what they can do.

Return to “Church Account”