Account Set-up

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
lmisner

Account Set-up

Post by lmisner »

I am a bishop helping a young women complete an online missionary application. The young women tried to create a LDS Account some time ago, but she said it was unsuccessful. I tried to create an account for her, but when I entered the email address and phone number she provided to me a message displays stating the information is already in use. Is there a way where I can validate that an account has already been established for this person? If so, is there also a process for recovering the username and password to login since the person has no idea what it might be?

Thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Account Set-up

Post by russellhltn »

lmisner wrote:Is there a way where I can validate that an account has already been established for this person?
None that is known. Perhaps if support is contacted.

lmisner wrote:If so, is there also a process for recovering the username and password to login since the person has no idea what it might be
Yes. Use the "Forgot your username?" link on the login page.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
maron1951

Post by maron1951 »

I am trying to set up my member account and am having trouble doing so?
maron1951

Post by maron1951 »

How do I actually talk to a person to get help to set up an account?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

maron1951 wrote:How do I actually talk to a person to get help to set up an account?
The first person to talk to is your ward clerk. If he can't provide the necessary help, he has the contact information to get you in contact with the global service center.

Return to “Church Account”