My account is not connected to my membership #

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
mdarcey

My account is not connected to my membership #

Post by mdarcey »

When I put in my membership number I get error messages. I have been married for 5 years. So I am thinking that for some reason my membership number didn't follow me when I got married. How do I fix this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: My account is not connected to my membership #

Post by russellhltn »

What is the error message? The first step is to make sure your MRN is correct. The number on the Temple Recommend may have errors. It's best to ask your clerk for a IOS to get the right MRN and verify your birthdate.

The other possibility is that you already set up an account. See this post
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
pinenico2211

Post by pinenico2211 »

I made my account with my membership but my family is not on my family tree
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

pinenico2211 wrote:I made my account with my membership but my family is not on my family tree
Living family members must be added by you. They reside only in your private space on FamilyTree so you don't need a lot of information. For example, add your living parents and grandparents. They only serve as a bridge to your deceased ancestors so you don't need all the details. Then you search for deceased ancestors and link them to your living parents or grandparents. There are help files on Family Search (see the "Help" link in the upper right corner of the Family Search home page) and you probably have access to someone in your ward or branch who can help you.
spowzer

Post by spowzer »

I have a problem with my father in law's account.
Lds.org login works
Account shows MRN is blank
If I enter MRN it says 'account already in use'
If I then go to the LDS accounts webpage and enter the MRN and request the username, which is presumably wrong, I get a text with the same username. I've now come complete circle and have no possible solution. Please email me if more info is needed, I have all of the account info.
Username: stevereid1
[Removed personal info - this is a public forum]
Shaundral

Post by Shaundral »

I also have this error problem, and tried to find "other" account in case I already had another one. It wont allow me to use the MRN to find any accounts.
Please let me know what I can do.
Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Shaundral wrote:I also have this error problem, and tried to find "other" account in case I already had another one. It wont allow me to use the MRN to find any accounts.
Please let me know what I can do.
Speak to your ward membership clerk about how to contact support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”