Help finding password

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
anoehren

Help finding password

Post by anoehren »

My daughter can't remember her password and it keeps sending the SMS message to her old phone number that we no longer have. How in the world can my daughter log in without knowing her password? It won't let us link through her MRN or any other way. We've tried everything we can think of, even updating her number on her ward records. Help!
Goldplated

Re: Help finding password

Post by Goldplated »

Just talk by a message to an administrador of the forum and the will solve it easily, but you need to wait they answer, it is as easy as to push a button for an administrador with privileges in the system
i love you my savior: jesus christ
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Goldplated wrote:Just talk by a message to an administrador of the forum and the will solve it easily,
Forum administrators and moderators cannot solve this problem. This is a user-to-user forum and there are no special button to push, sorry.

To answer the question, however, changing the phone number on her membership record should have worked after a day or so for the computers to synchronize. You might try going to Directory in LDS.org and updating the phone number there, then give it a few hours to synchronize.

If that does not work, you will need to have your clerk help you contact the Global Service Center to resolve the issue.
Goldplated

Post by Goldplated »

anoehren wrote:My daughter can't remember her password and it keeps sending the SMS message to her old phone number that we no longer have. How in the world can my daughter log in without knowing her password? It won't let us link through her MRN or any other way. We've tried everything we can think of, even updating her number on her ward records. Help!
may be if you talk to an administrator not of the forum but one of of http://www.lds.org that is the complete website they may have privileges to solve it, i do not know the specificall reality of the lds.org site but tipically most of websites has a person with enough privileges to alter any register in the system, almost every website has a person with system privileges if they are not on the forum you can search for him or she in the complete or father website, the forum is just sub site of lds.org
i love you my savior: jesus christ
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Goldplated wrote:may be if you talk to an administrator not of the forum but one of of http://www.lds.org that is the complete website they may have privileges to solve it, i do not know the specificall reality of the lds.org site but tipically most of websites has a person with enough privileges to alter any register in the system, almost every website has a person with system privileges if they are not on the forum you can search for him or she in the complete or father website, the forum is just sub site of lds.org
Although that may be true of smaller websites, for any site of larger size there are a large number of people responsible for maintaining the website and there are many different admin responsibilities. I'm sure there is a group at the church responsible for overall operations of the lds.org servers but they are not responsible to fix problems with accounts and quite possibly don't even have those rights because the authentication system is actually separate from the content or tools of the site. And even if they do have the rights, their information is not publicized so there is no way of contacting them. The same is true of large sites like Google, Microsoft or Facebook.

For LDS Account, the Global Service Center is responsible for support operations like resolving problems with an account. Since the paid employees (and possibly in some cases service missionaries) who man the Global Service Center are not large in number and to reduce church expenses, ward clerks are asked to be the first line of help. For many common problems it's important to first make sure that the person is using the correct membership number and that the birth date is correct and a ward clerk can do that. But after that or for other problems they can then put them in contact with the Global Service Center to resolve the issue.

Return to “Church Account”