Name Change

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Hmsmith164

Name Change

Post by Hmsmith164 »

I recently got married and changed my last name. I was able to change my User Name and Display Name, but i'm not able to change my actual last name under Account Settings. Any suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Name Change

Post by russellhltn »

You won't be able to change your name on the official church records. You'll need to talk to the ward clerk or ward membership clerk.

Once that change is made, they'll have to contact support to get everything on your account updates. For some reason, changes to the membership records doesn't seem to make it to the LDS Account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nutterb

Re: Name Change

Post by nutterb »

You may need to use the help page for LDS Account. I had a case this year where a woman had been married, divorced, and remarried. A name change was effected on her membership record each time. Still, the last name on her LDS Account was her married name from the first record. When I reached out for help, the GSC had me instruct her to contact LDS Account via email.

Return to “Church Account”