Ordination

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
bpsheets

Ordination

Post by bpsheets »

Where do I find the date I was ordained a bishop?
drepouille

Re: Ordination

Post by drepouille »

If you are a current bishop, you can look at your ordination data using either LCR or LDS Tools. You can also look yourself up at cdol.lds.org
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

bpsheets wrote:Where do I find the date I was ordained a bishop?
If you are currently serving, in CDOL the Active Date is the day you were sustained. If you were ordained that same day, you have it.

If they still do it, you should also receive a certificate of ordination from the First Presidency. I do not know how long it takes today, but at one time it took almost six months.

The date is recorded on your membership record, although I do not know if it shows at the local level. But if you cannot find it any other way, a call to the Membership Department will surface it for you.

My wife's journal also has it (for me).
klricks

Post by klricks »

bpsheets wrote:Where do I find the date I was ordained a bishop?
If you are not a current bishop then ask the ward clerk to find your name in the LCR membership and then click the [Ordinances] tab.
-or-
Print your IOS page.

Both date and by whom will be there...
Of course if you are current Bishop then you can do that yourself.
Assistant Ward Clerk

Return to “Church Account”