How do I change my last name

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
kpass3

How do I change my last name

Post by kpass3 »

I was married and now divorced and my [married] last name still shows on my LDS Account. I want to remove the [married name], can someone please tell me how to do this?

I appreciate any help!

Thank you!!

Kelly Passey

[Moderator note: Personal information deleted -- this is a public forum]
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: How do I change my last name

Post by lajackson »

kpass3 wrote:. . . can someone please tell me how to do this?
In LDS Account make sure your display name is correct.

Ask your clerk to make sure your name is correct in all four places on your membership record. The Household name is most often missed.

If this does not solve the problem, ask your clerk to help you contact the Global Service Center. There is one last change they will be able to make for you.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: How do I change my last name

Post by jdlessley »

You'll have to follow lajackson's last suggestion and have your clerk contact the GSC because the LDS Account last name is not affected by any membership record changes.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Church Account”