Name Change

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Starridervb

Name Change

Post by Starridervb »

When we moved into our new ward, we told the bishop we just got married. He automatically had my last name changed to my husband's last name. However, I'm keeping my last name and legally, it is still the same as it's always been. I talked to one of the clerks about it. He tried right in front of me but he couldn't change it back. He could only set my "preferred name." He has, but that doesn't change the fact that every time I get on LDS tools or LDS.org, my last name is wrong. It's driving me nuts! And also, people will have difficulty finding me in the ward directory.
How can I change my records to be accurate?
OR
How can the clerks do it? What should I tell them so they'll know what to do?

Thank you!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Name Change

Post by russellhltn »

Only the clerk can change it. If he's having problems, he needs to either check with the stake clerk, or visit us here.

What usually trips up clerks is the household name. Your household has to be under one name (which may be a combination of both of your names).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Starridervb

Re: Name Change

Post by Starridervb »

Thank you!

Return to “Church Account”