Recovery unavailable for member's account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
s5brown

Recovery unavailable for member's account

Post by s5brown »

Hi,
I'm the ward clerk for my ward. We have a member who has not been able to access his LDS account recently. We have tried all recovery options including using his MRN, and the site tells us that such recovery options are not available for the account. We can still see him in the system from our side. He claims to have asked for support via the online form 2 weeks ago but has not received an email. Is there a more direct way to get help/has anyone experienced this problem?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Recovery unavailable for member's account

Post by scgallafent »

You can contact the Global Service Center on his behalf for assistance.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

s5brown wrote:the site tells us that such recovery options are not available for the account.
My uninformed guess is that he has special access to something like LCR (or has unchecked "Allow my Membership Record Number (MRN) to be used as a recovery option." in his account profile.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dustinsloan

Post by dustinsloan »

My son is having the same problem. He's going on his mission in 2 months and forgot his username and password. He is unable to recover either one. He would like to pay tithing online but we both cannot figure out how to get this "recovery options are not available for this account" issue resolved.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

dustinsloan wrote:My son is having the same problem.
He should get with his ward clerk who can contact the global service center (GSC) to work out the issue on his behalf.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
s5brown

Post by s5brown »

scgallafent wrote:You can contact the Global Service Center on his behalf for assistance.
Thanks for the help.

Return to “Church Account”