recovering password

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
zaneclark

recovering password

Post by zaneclark »

I have spent an hour trying to help a member recover a forgotten password and each time it stalls after I click on Set New Password and will not move on from this screen. I have looked at this forum but can't find an answer to this.... I decided it might not like the new password so I tried using the suggested password...same problem.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: recovering password

Post by sbradshaw »

Have you tried on a different browser or computer?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I have been using Safari, so I tried Firefox, same problem...
mtolney

Post by mtolney »

I'm having the same problem trying recover my son's password. I tried 2 computers using Chrome. Another issue is that his email he registered with is no longer active. Can we reset the account?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mtolney wrote:Another issue is that his email he registered with is no longer active.
You don't need to access the LDS Account user profile to change the email address. Changing the email address in the LDS.org Directory will update the email address in the LDS Account profile.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
salmeida

Post by salmeida »

How is that possible after 10 years to have the same issues when trying to recover the password of an LDS Account? That is very strange and awkward!
Pls, I need your urgent help to recover the password of an LDS Account from a Mother that need to access the Seminary App to register her daughter for this new Seminary year. She also need to register herself for the Institute this year as well.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The member should go to https://ldsaccount.lds.org/. There are options there to recover a forgotten username or a forgotten password.
salmeida

Post by salmeida »

Come on Brother/Sister, your answer is just an absurd, as I obviously would not come to you complaining about the same issue after 10 years ago if I would not try everything and followed all the steps provided at the website! If you could read carefully what it was described by others, just like zaneclark, you'd notice that he explained "each time it stalls after I click on Set New Password and will not move on from this screen", so it has happen to me the same thing, at any browser!
Pls, help us to find a solution for this, as I have members in my Ward suffering from this issue, w/o being able to use their LDS Account.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I just verified again that the password reset procedure on the web site is working correctly and was able to reset a password. I was using Firefox on Windows when I tested.

If it's not working for you, you're going to need to provide enough details that someone can reproduce the problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I can't remember if it was related to password reset, but I remember someone reported having problems until they turned off their pop-up blocker.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”