LDS Account: Request to Reset Password

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
KCWood

LDS Account: Request to Reset Password

Post by KCWood »

On Aug 8th I received the following email.

Request to Reset LDS Account Password
A request has been made to reset the password for LDS Account username XXXXXX. Use the code provided below, to reset your password.
The Password Reset Code and link will be valid for 48 hours.
Password Reset Code: XXXXXXXX
OR
RESET MY PASSWORD (I have removed my Username & the Password Reset Code)

I had not requested a Account Password reset but I did go in and reset my password.

I have now received this same email again on Aug 18th. What's going on? I haven't even been log in since Aug 9th when I reset my password.

Can I ignore this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Account: Request to Reset Password

Post by russellhltn »

It's likely that someone else is confused about what their username is and requesting a reset for the wrong username.
KCWood wrote:I haven't even been log in since Aug 9th when I reset my password.
Be sure to update Gospel Library with the new password. Otherwise, it's sync attempt will lock you out of your account due to too many tries with a bad password.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”