Unable to change email

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
wesleyrm76

Unable to change email

Post by wesleyrm76 »

I can't get in to the Donations page, as I have been doing for several months now, because somehow the email got deleted from my account settings. Now, when I try to go to https://ldsaccount.lds.org/contactInformation and add my email, clicking "Save" doesn't do anything.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Unable to change email

Post by russellhltn »

What browser are you using? Some people have reported problems with Safari. Chrome seems to work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gwhogg

Post by gwhogg »

dido on the problem. on a recovery search with my e-mail, it brought up my wifes username, implying that maybe my email address got connected to her username. therefore it won't save the e-mail address when entered in contact settings. she tags on to my email. plus, her password won't work. hitting walls on every side. the wiki tech site inferred an edit feature on the LDS account page, didn't compute, couldn't find it. still stuck.
gwhogg

Post by gwhogg »

same problem continued..... was able to get in with my wife's username and delete the e-mail in her contact settings. still can't save the e-mail settings in my contact settings, even after waiting several days for process. still unable to make donations.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Have you tried adding your email via directory? I believe that they have connected those emails (maybe after a delay).
wesleyrm76

Post by wesleyrm76 »

So I had the ward clerk add my email to my account information. But when I try to log into "Donations" I still get an error saying that I don't have an email associated with my account.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

wesleyrm76 wrote:I still get an error saying that I don't have an email associated with my account.
I would give it a day for the email to propagate through the system, and if there is still a problem, either ask the clerk to help you contact the Global Service Center, or you send an email to onlinedonationsupport@ldschurch.org providing details and ask them to help you.
wesleyrm76

Post by wesleyrm76 »

Thank you, it did take a day to start working.

Return to “Church Account”