Why don't I receive church emails?

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
mallred

Why don't I receive church emails?

Post by mallred »

My wife and I never receive church emails. I have made certain all options for emails are check. I've even unsubscribed, waited a few days and resubscribed. All my children receive church emails and we all have the same *@AllredOnline.com email addresses. The only difference I know of is that my wife and I are serving a church service mission with SI (Seminaries and Institutes of Religion). So we have church employee numbers. Can that possibly be messing with our receiving church emails? I would not think so, but again, it's the only difference between our email / church records and my children's email / church records.

Examples of the specific emails I'm referring to are the emails on ministering from last general conference and the recent email on the hymnbook. We get emails from the Institute program all the time (*@ldschurch.org).

Once again, if our domain was somehow a problem (filter or black list of some kind) then my kids would not get general church emails. If the problem was a filter on my computer then I would not get Institute emails.

I hope someone can help!

Thanks,
Mike Allred
drowley1030

Re: Why don't I receive church emails?

Post by drowley1030 »

I am having this same issue. I haven't received any email communications from the church. I have unsubscribed and resubscribed.

I have turned off all filtering and spam protection from my mail provider.

Thank you for looking into this.

Sincerely,

David Rowley
wilde.brandon

Post by wilde.brandon »

I have the same problem and have tried the same things to fix it. Hope to hear a solution soon.
NehemiahOT

Post by NehemiahOT »

I know my, and at least one other person's, e-mail address ...@sfcn.org somehow does not get the Church's e-mails either. Has Support at headquarters given any feedback to you?
drowley1030

Post by drowley1030 »

I haven’t heard anything. I even called SFCN and they didn’t find anything in their side.
gbroadhead1537

Post by gbroadhead1537 »

I am having the same issue. Any update on this ?
mallred

Post by mallred »

I started this thread. I could never get a response from church IT. However, when I got a new calling last spring, one the means I get leadership emails, suddenly I started getting emails of all types again. This just reinforces to me that the problem is a setting problem on the church side of things.

Good luck!
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

mallred wrote:I started this thread. I could never get a response from church IT. ...
Did you attempt to contact Church IT by some means other than your first post here? If not, please be aware that this is a user-to-user mutual-support forum, _not_ an official help request channel, and nobody from Church IT generally reads the forums. If you want a response to your original question from a Church representative, please use the 'Feedback' link/button on the Church website. Make sure to supply your email address so someone can contact you to respond.
mallred

Post by mallred »

Yes, I call the church office building and they put me in contact with someone. It was a long time ago and I do not recall who. Only that they insisted that there was nothing wrong. They told me the emails were being filtered on my side.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mallred wrote:This just reinforces to me that the problem is a setting problem on the church side of things.
Maybe not. Perhaps the filters at your ISP hasn't seen multiple (as in bulk) copies of the leadership mails, so they didn't filter them. If those emails are legit, then (according to the filter's logic) maybe the others are legit as well.

I'm not sure how else getting leadership emails would suddenly get you the regular ones. Unless you got called to be an area authority or higher, I don't know as church IT would give your emails the special attention it would take to magically start working.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”