My Account Consistently Shows Old Ward/Stake

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: My Account Consistently Shows Old Ward/Stake

Post by jonesrk »

It appears that something happened in the sync of moves to the headers (which is what is used by apps to know which unit people are in). All the moves that I've looked at since Jun 17 haven't had their header updated. I've passed that info on to the team in charge of the headers. We'll see what they have to say.
michaeldsharp

Post by michaeldsharp »

I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue. I hope it is corrected soon.
jasondenham

Post by jasondenham »

Same problem as everyone else.
michaeldsharp

Post by michaeldsharp »

eblood66 wrote:Try going to https://lds.org/header. This page shows the information recorded in the church's directory service which is used by various church online tools to determine what your ward, stake and callings are. It is a separate database from the membership database but data from the membership database is copied over whenever it changes (but this copying only happens every few hours which is why there is a delay between when a calling is recorded and when it gives rights to systems).

Look at the the line starting with policy-ldsunits. It should look something like /7uXXXXXXX/5uYYYYYYY/ where XXXXXXX is the unit number of your ward and YYYYYYY is the unit number of the stake. You can get the unit numbers from your ward clerk or by using the Meetinghouse Locator on lds.org.

If the numbers are for your old ward and stake and it's been more than 48 hours since the move was made then something went wrong with the copying. In that case, you'll need to have your ward clerk call the global service center and ask them to force an update.

Of course, since this seems to be happening to multiple people it's quite likely there is a more general problem and they may be working on it. If so, I'd expect things to update sometime early in the week once they are back at work and someone has a chance to take care of things.
Is there any update on this issue?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

michaeldsharp wrote:Is there any update on this issue?
I'm not actually a church employee. I just know about that how that stuff works from experience here as a user and from some volunteer development work I did for the church years ago when they used some volunteers for a few things other than mobile apps.

So, unfortunately, I don't know anything about the status. However, jonesrk is a church developer and he indicated he passed the information on to the group that handles it. So I'm sure they are working on it. We just have to wait and see.
jrh44

Post by jrh44 »

I was having the issue, but it appears to be fixed now. Make sure to sync since this does not happen automatically.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I never heard back from the team, but from what I can see it looks like the info is now syncing again. If you are still having issues let me know and I'll look into it.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

The head of a family who recently moved into my ward asked me yesterday why his LDS Tools still showed his old ward. I invited him into the clerk's office, pulled his records into the ward, and he went away happy. As far as I know, the move went as expected, and he did not complain for the rest of the day.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
edrichie

Post by edrichie »

I'm fed up with trying to figure out how to sync up the directory on lds.org. I know a lot of changes have been made to the directory (which I submitted myself), but they are not showing up when I open lds.org. piece of crap.

Return to “Church Account”