Account Personal Info Requires Country but no Country Option Exists

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
MelmothWanderer

Account Personal Info Requires Country but no Country Option Exists

Post by MelmothWanderer »

My LDS account personal information section requires that I choose a country, but no country option is available to choose. There is no drop-down list or place where I can input my country. I have been trying to update my lds.org account and I cannot do this because I cannot get past the personal information section. Is this a bug that will be resolved soon or am I the only person with this issue?
dale.breckon

Re: Account Personal Info Requires Country but no Country Option Exists

Post by dale.breckon »

I just experienced the same problem. I guess I'll buy my white shirts downtown!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Have you tried on a different web browser or computer?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
rjheaper

Post by rjheaper »

This is a legitimate bug. The field/drop down box for Country doesn't exist...just the label "Country" in red lettering. I tried Chrome and Microsoft Edge - both do the same.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think the county comes from from the membership record based on your current address. I've never seen were that field was editable. I'm not sure why it would be blank unless your records are parked in "address unknown".

I'd suggest checking with your ward clerk to make sure your records are in the local ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
msd360

Post by msd360 »

I have this same problem, and I have been in the same ward for 30 years. I know my address is correct as it shows up on the map. The problem is not that the field is not editable, but it is apparently required and not available.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

msd360 wrote:I have this same problem, and I have been in the same ward for 30 years. I know my address is correct as it shows up on the map. The problem is not that the field is not editable, but it is apparently required and not available.
I'd suggest asking the ward clerk/ward membership clerk to contact support. It might be something not recorded right on your record that he has to fix, or it may require opening a support issue with the developers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
GFDuncan

Post by GFDuncan »

I have encountered the same problem. I checked my record in LDS Tools and everything looks correct. There seems to be a software problem. I have also found that I can't log on to the online store to purchase garments. I get an error message stating that my user name or password is incorrect.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Again, I'd suggest working with your ward clerk. I've never seen the country field to be editable by members.

You can't edit you home address, so there's no reason why the church would give you the ability to edit the country. When you move, you have to go though the ward to get the address updated.

msd360

Post by msd360 »

As suggested, I contacted my ward clerk, who confirmed there was no problem with my record. He also went the extra mile and attempted to resolve the problem with Global Service, who asked to take a call directly from me to assist. By the time I was able to receive the response and contact Global Service, the problem had vanished, apparently through no effort by either party. For due diligence, I confirmed using multiple platforms the problem before posting here, and again before contacting my ward clerk, and also enlisted another party to confirm the problem was with my account and not system wide. I also provided a screen shot for evidence to the ward clerk which would not be appropriate here.

I do as always appreciate your rapid responses.

Return to “Church Account”