Cannot link Membership number to account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
tenzie25

Cannot link Membership number to account

Post by tenzie25 »

The system will not let me tie my membership record to my account. Please advise.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Cannot link Membership number to account

Post by russellhltn »

There are two common problems. The first is that the MRN you have is wrong. If it comes from a handwritten source, such as a temple recommend, it could have been copied incorrectly. You'll have to go to the ward membership clerk to get the correct one.

The other issue is that you have another account that you've forgotten about. Perhaps set up as a youth to get into FamilySearch. The quick way there is to use the "forgot username" link on the login page and use the MRN option to recover the forgotten account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jlucibello

Post by jlucibello »

OK, I don't know if the LDS ACCOUNT has my account name or password, username should be [deleted], password [deleted] I've even given it the new password and either the username is wrong or the password is not excepting, I'm at 1 of your churchs trying to use the site as I don't have a computer yet I can't gain entry, I have 1 hour and 34 mins before this 2 hour slot is over so I'm going to wait until I read your reply to my phone. Lucibello

[Moderator note: Username and password deleted. This is a public forum.]
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

No one on these forums can help with that kind of problem. If you are trying to access family history information you should contact Family Search Customer Support (https://www.familysearch.org/ask/help).

Return to “Church Account”