Email notifications

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
jamesamoorejr

Email notifications

Post by jamesamoorejr »

I'm the Stake Executive Secretary in my stake. I am subscribed to get email notifications on Official Communications, and I also setup email alerts on calendar items, but I never get any of those notifications. I do however get emails from LCR about Missionary and Priesthood Ordination submissions. Anyone have insights on what might be going on with these mission notifications?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Email notifications

Post by russellhltn »

As far as calendar notifications, the person scheduling it has to select the option to send notifications for each event. Even then, the reliability is iffy.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jamesamoorejr

Post by jamesamoorejr »

I'm the one who is scheduling the events and I set the alert notification to fire off a few days ahead of time. I occasionally see alerts when others have scheduled things.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The "send email x days before event" seems to be the most problematic/iffy. The "send now" is more reliable, but not always.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
martyriker

Post by martyriker »

My wife is the owner of a stake calendar, and has set up all events with 2 or 3 day pre-event email notifications. But no-one gets the notifications. Any recommendations to make the system work as indicated that it should?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

martyriker wrote:My wife is the owner of a stake calendar, and has set up all events with 2 or 3 day pre-event email notifications. But no-one gets the notifications. Any recommendations to make the system work as indicated that it should?
Unfortunately, I have never seen a notification actually get sent when it was set for some time before the event. And in many cases, an immediate notification is not sent either. This has been a challenge since the beginning of the current Calendar, and I can only suggest that you send Feedback to the developers.

Others have seen it work, but I have yet to hear anyone say that it is reliable. We no longer use the function.
gkuesel

Re: Email newsletters

Post by gkuesel »

How do I save changes to my email newsletters settings?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Email newsletters

Post by russellhltn »

gkuesel wrote:How do I save changes to my email newsletters settings?
Which one are you referring to? If from the church, https://ldsaccount.lds.org/subscriptions

If from the calendar:
Make sure "Allow email reminders for calendar events" is checked in the Calendar Settings AND you have "notifications" checked for each calendar you want to receiver notifications from in the calendar subscriptions. (Main calendar page, click on the ">>" button at the top of the left column.)

debratyler020@gmail.com

Post by debratyler020@gmail.com »

This is most likely not the place for this, but I am legally blind and struggling to find d where I can change my email notification settings in my account. It is important to me to see when my tithing have been processed as I will not spend any other money until I see that you've received them, and I cannot find the settings! Can someone please help? Thank you!!!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

debratyler020@gmail.com wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:45 am This is most likely not the place for this, but I am legally blind and struggling to find d where I can change my email notification settings in my account. It is important to me to see when my tithing have been processed as I will not spend any other money until I see that you've received them, and I cannot find the settings! Can someone please help? Thank you!!!
You can change it here: https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org ... nformation

Also on the donation page, on the side, there a note where you can change your email address.

Return to “Church Account”