forgot password. It won't let me create a new one.

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
twitbeck

forgot password. It won't let me create a new one.

Post by twitbeck »

I am trying to help one of my HP group members get reconnected to the church sites. He has had others try to help him a couple of years ago without success. We got him a tablet for christmas so he could have access to the new curricula while at church. He doesn't have internet access at home.

We put in his user name, then click on forgot password. It takes us to a new screen asking for his MRN. We put that in as well as his birth date. We are then taken to a password screen where we put in a new password in the first and second password fields. The strength of password shows 3 out of 4 bars. there is a circle with a check in it in both password fields. there is a submit box. the submit box high lights when the mouse is over it. When we click on the submit box nothing happens no matter how long we wait nor how many times we click on it.

Are we doing something wrong? What else can we do?
rddalby

Re: forgot password. It won't let me create a new one.

Post by rddalby »

This isn't a reply. I am having the exact same problem helping another member. I hope it doesn't take 3-5 business days to respond to this problem. It would be nice to have a phone number to call for a simple problem like this. It has to be a system is down or something because absolutly nothinbg happens. It just sits there with no message telling you what is going on. Please help !!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Have you tried on a different web browser?
Another things you could try is clearing the cookies/cache for LDS.org.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd also try another computer. There might be something locked down on that computer that prevents scripts from running.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
debbievarias

Post by debbievarias »

same issues as to others who posted here. ill try to change password. The strength of my password was good but however when i click the change password nothing happens . i don't know what should i do.
michaelmclennan

Post by michaelmclennan »

Hi! I had this issue in the past! You should be able to change your password via Familysearch.org! There seems to be a issue with the submit button on lds.org! I hope that helps!

Return to “Church Account”