logging in to my lds mail account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
gmabarb

logging in to my lds mail account

Post by gmabarb »

I can log into my lds.org account and access the fulltime missionary portal, but when I go to access my ldsmail it sends me back to log in to my lds.org account & then just keeps going back to the login page. Any suggestions?
claypoffenberger

Re: logging in to my lds mail account

Post by claypoffenberger »

I am having the exact same problem. Any Solutions?
cpt.america

Post by cpt.america »

I believe it could be that the site is down, or being renovated, seeing as that has happened in the past few weeks. I have the same problem here.
cpt.america

Post by cpt.america »

I have an answer. Use Google Chrome, and open an "Incognito" tab using control shift n, and try logging in. It worked for me.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cpt.america wrote:I have an answer. Use Google Chrome, and open an "Incognito" tab using control shift n, and try logging in. It worked for me.
That would suggest the problem may be a cookie. Incognito mode would "hide" all of your cookies.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gmabarb

Post by gmabarb »

Thanks for the information. I was able to access my email. I wonder if I will have to always access it this way or if I will be at some point be able to access it thru my missionary portal. My husband is able to access his that way.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

FWIW - This is a notice posted on the ldsmail.net site and might have a bearing on the problems encountered in this thread.

Attention Missionaries
Your area email account (for example, 123456@mormon.org) will be inaccessible for 24 hours on Monday, November 13th starting at 12:01 a.m. Mountain Standard Time for scheduled maintenance. Following the maintenance, you will access both your area email account (mormon.org) and your personal email account (myldsmail.net) by navigating to missionary.lds.org/mail and logging in with your LDS Account username and password. The previous ldsmail.net login will no longer function.
gmabarb

Post by gmabarb »

Thanks, that is probably part of the problem, my husband was able to do it the way describe above but for a week or so I couldn’t access mine at all. I am able to do so finally. Thanks to all who helped me with this problem. Happy Thanksgiving!
claypoffenberger

Post by claypoffenberger »

I am still having this same problem as well. It keeps returning back to the login page. I have tried all the tips listed but always the same thing. Is there any way to fix it?
matthew1998

Post by matthew1998 »

My Lds mail continues to log back out to the login page. I have tried going through google, going incognito and etc. , but haven't found a solution yet.

Return to “Church Account”