New Password

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
jamesgwilliams

New Password

Post by jamesgwilliams »

What are the requirements for my new LDS password IE length, letters, numbers, upper case/lower case?
kroffdk

Re: New Password

Post by kroffdk »

I'd love to know the same information (Number of characters, if capitals or numbers or other unique characters are required) so I can plan out a meaningful, memorable, and appropriate password ahead of time. It would be so helpful if this answer was posted in FAQs when you are prompted to reset your password.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The powers that be have not provided that information to "the community".

FamilySearch says "At least 8 characters with any combination of letters and numbers with no spaces."
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I think the only requirement currently is 8 characters. Passwords with spaces, all numbers, or all letters work fine.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Church Account”