Passwords

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
geysser

Passwords

Post by geysser »

I currently have a LDS Account password that I have been using for 5 years. Recently I began working as a shift coordinator in the temple and am now required to change the password I have been using both on a personal basis to make donations, leadership reports, etc and the temple password. If I change it as requested, will it change all my other passwords used personally?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Passwords

Post by russellhltn »

There is only one LDS Account associated with a particular member, and only one password associated with it.

Short answer, yes. Everything. Including FamilySearch.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
geysser

Post by geysser »

Epic fail. Keep internal passwords separate from private passwords. I am not in the mood to change my personal password every 6 months. Sorry, epic fail by IT
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

How do you differentiate between an "internal password" and a "private password" or "personal password" – if they're all used to log in to Church websites, shouldn't they be the same? Where do you draw the line of which passwords should be the same, and which ones should be different? I'm glad I don't have to remember one password for donations, a different one for the directory, one for leadership reports, one for FamilySearch, one for Gospel Library, and so forth.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Church Account”