Username issues

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
shadowdragon66

Re: Username issues

Post by shadowdragon66 »

Why can i sign to fourms but nothing else. I am not a member of the church. I was just wanting to look up my family's history. I didn't know i had to be a member of your church. Sry for bother you all. Have blessed day
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

shadowdragon66 wrote:Why can i sign to fourms but nothing else. I am not a member of the church. I was just wanting to look up my family's history. I didn't know i had to be a member of your church.
For some sites you have to be a member, but FamilySearch isn't one of them. Given the number of reports, something is going on, but I'm not sure what.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
shadowdragon66

Post by shadowdragon66 »

Ok ty. You site may have been hacked. I have known other sites with same problem an it was do to hackers. I will just keep trying. Ty for your time
user24x

Post by user24x »

just letting people know in case anyone is reading this, the above described issue is still happening. I created an account to try out the family search & it wont let me login even though I verified username. hope someone gets around to fixing it eventually
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

user24x wrote:just letting people know in case anyone is reading this, the above described issue is still happening. I created an account to try out the family search & it wont let me login even though I verified username. hope someone gets around to fixing it eventually
Nobody in the forums has any ability to fix this (or any other problem with church systems). We're just other users. I'd suggest contacting family search support (https://www.familysearch.org/ask/help)

Return to “Church Account”