Help.. Paid entire pay check to tithing by mistake.

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
KristineWallace

Help.. Paid entire pay check to tithing by mistake.

Post by KristineWallace »

Help I accidentally paid my entire paycheck to tithing yesterday.. Not just 10%...My bank is trying to help.. Can I call anyone who handles this app??
eblood66

Re: Help.. Paid entire pay check to tithing by mistake.

Post by eblood66 »

If you paid by check then you're probably best served to put a pay stop on the check through your bank. If you paid online then first go back on line to the Donations page and see if it's still processing. If so, then you should be able to cancel it.

If the check has already cleared or if an online donation has already been processed then you'll need help from your bishop and ward clerk. The clerk should contact the Global Service Center and indicate that you need a refund of your donation because it was a mistake. The representative should give your clerk an email address to send the request to. The bishop will then need to send an email requesting the refund and indicating his belief that it was a mistake and that not refunding the donation would be a hardship. For an online donation in our ward the refund was approved and processed by the end of the week after we started the process but there is no guarantee on the time frame.
mlproctor

Post by mlproctor »

I discovered that the amount of automatic withdrawl is far in excess of my correct tithing. HOW DO I STOP THE CONTINUED WITHDRAWL? Do I need ward clerk to help?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The Church does not automatically withdraw tithing. If you are seeing continued withdrawals, it is most likely because you set up an automatic payment through your bank bill pay system.

Your clerk will not know anything about that. You will need to go to your bank website and stop the payments.

Return to “Church Account”