LDS Account Password Policies

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
HeapD

Re: LDS Account Password Policies

Post by HeapD »

I need to send an email from my outlook account, but have never set up a password. How do I do that?
BrMike92615Prindle

Post by BrMike92615Prindle »

At home I have my church account password saved to my computers. I may not enter it for months at a time. I usually have it on a card in my wallet for when I am using the Family History Center computers. Every once in a while I will loose the card and need to reset my password. When that happens, I then go home and reset my password on my home computers. Something I have done in the last round of this situation has me locked out of my account on our Family History Center computers. I can not find who or where I make contact to solve this problem. Does someone out there have an answer?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BrMike92615Prindle wrote:Something I have done in the last round of this situation has me locked out of my account on our Family History Center computers. I can not find who or where I make contact to solve this problem. Does someone out there have an answer?
Too many tries with a bad password will cause a lockout. From what I've been told, lockouts are only for 15 minutes. Wait 15 minutes before trying again and make sure you have the right password.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bonniewarner

Post by bonniewarner »

We set up an account years ago for my son to check out family search. Now he's registering for seminary and we have no idea what his user name or password is. We tried to look it up w/his membership number which is an actual option, but it won't work. How do I delete his account when we can't even log in. We need to make a new account for him or recover the user name and password so he can register. Apparently we parents can't register him under our accounts.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bonniewarner wrote:We need to make a new account for him or recover the user name and password so he can register.
If recovery via email doesn't work, contact your clerk who can put you in touch with support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

bonniewarner wrote:We set up an account years ago for my son to check out family search. Now he's registering for seminary and we have no idea what his user name or password is. We tried to look it up w/his membership number which is an actual option, but it won't work.
From what you say you tried it sounds like you tried the recover account procedure from the FamilySearch website. The option to use the MRN has not been an option for the Church Account recovery for over a year now. I don't know why it is still presented as an option on the FamilySearch website. The only two options now available to recover an account is by mobile phone or by email.

Rather than use the FamilySearch recover page I recommend using the Account Recovery page. Alternatively you can go to the Church Account sign in page and click the Forgot your username? link just below the textbox where the username is entered.

If you cannot remember either the mobile phone number or the email address registered with the Church Account for account recovery then you will need to get the Global Service Department (GSD) telephone number from your ward clerk. Your son will be the one who must speak with the support person as they will not work will anyone else except the account owner.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
janebradford

Post by janebradford »

I'm a seminary teacher, and my password expired. I changed my password, on my computer, and on all my church apps on my phone. I got in, and used all my tools, libraries, Canvas, WISE, etc. The next day, it said my password had expired again, and I had to go through the process of having the password reset. After that, all worked fine again that day. But the same message appeared the following day, and said my password expired yet again. Any tips for how to stop the cycle?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

janebradford wrote:Any tips for how to stop the cycle?
I think the best solution would be for you to ask your ward clerk to put you in touch with the Global Services Department.
alexandregmv

Post by alexandregmv »

i dont wanna use a new 12 digits password, i wanna keep my old password with less than 12 digits, i dont feel obliged to change, i even prefer delete my account than using another password that i'll never remember.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I have never used a password that long for church sites or apps and have never had any problems (on the web or on my Android device). My current password is 8 digits and a mix of numbers and letters (no special characters). I have a fingerprint scanner on my Android device that I use for it (unlocks the phone as well as logs me into the church apps).

Return to “Church Account”