LDS Account Password Policies

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
mckinleyannbrown

Re: LDS Account Password Policies

Post by mckinleyannbrown »

When the system prompts me to reset my password, it wont let me use a password I have used before. But, the password I am wanting to use, was one I used FIVE changes ago. Meaning: I've have five different passwords in between then and now. Will the system eventually let me recycle old passwords?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mckinleyannbrown wrote:Will the system eventually let me recycle old passwords?
Most systems that prevent using old passwords have a limited memory, so eventually you can recycle them. The question is how far back does LDS Account memory go? I don't know the answer to that one. Other than a church employee, I'm not sure as anyone would know. You'll have to try it to find out.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mckinleyannbrown wrote:Will the system eventually let me recycle old passwords?
Every system is different. At work, I cannot reuse the last 24 passwords. I do not know how many LDS Account restricts, and for security reasons they may not wish to tell us.

Because of the way employees deal with the password restriction at work, I am not convinced it is any more secure, but that's the way it is there.
darrellamb

Post by darrellamb »

Just received an email from "LDSAccount@ldschurch.org" asking me to change my password. Is this a legitimate request? the domain "ldschurch.org is different than lds.org, so I don't know if this is a phishing prank or a legitimate request from LDS account management.

Password Expiration Reminder
10 Nov 2016
Darrel Lamb (darrellamb),
Your LDS Account allows access to internal Church applications and systems that require additional security. While in your current role, you will be required to change your password every six months.

Your LDS Account password will expire on 24 Nov 2016
LDS Account Login Name: darrellamb

If you do not change your password, you will be locked out of some Church systems.
For questions visit Frequently Asked Questions.
CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
Sincerely,
Help Desk
For additional assistance, call the Global Service Center at 855-537-4357 or email at Global Service Center.

This is a system generated email. Please do not reply.

LDS Account is the main sign-on account for online LDS Church resources.
Rights and Use Information | Privacy Policy
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2014 by Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

darrellamb wrote:Just received an email from "LDSAccount@ldschurch.org" asking me to change my password. Is this a legitimate request? the domain "ldschurch.org is different than lds.org, so I don't know if this is a phishing prank or a legitimate request from LDS account management.
ldschurch.org is the domain used for email addresses.

If you're a church employee, or seminary teacher, you do have to change your password every so often. So, it's probably legit.

You can go to ldsaccount.lds.org to update your password.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:If you're a church employee, or seminary teacher, you do have to change your password every so often. So, it's probably legit.
The list of people who are required to change their LDS Account password is substantially larger than just Church employees and seminary teachers. For example, there are a many missionaries (Church service, Family History, etc.) who have access to certain systems that will require password changes. But it's easy to tell if you are on that list; sign in to ldsaccount.lds.org and look for a Workforce tab. You are required to periodically change your password if and only if you have a Workforce tab.
gurrtonya1

Post by gurrtonya1 »

My husband and I are long term volunteers at our local bishop's storehouse. This is what shows up in a workforce tab in our accounts. Should this assignment be included in this category of required 6 month password changing? And, it has only been 3 months not 6, and we recently received notice to change our passwords. I wonder if this is an error so therefore, do we really need to change our passwords? Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gurrtonya1 wrote:My husband and I are long term volunteers at our local bishop's storehouse. This is what shows up in a workforce tab in our accounts. Should this assignment be included in this category of required 6 month password changing? And, it has only been 3 months not 6, and we recently received notice to change our passwords. I wonder if this is an error so therefore, do we really need to change our passwords? Thanks.
The timer may not start from when you start your calling. If you have "workforce" on your account, then the email is most likely legitimate.

acaronarvaezofeliaesperanza1

Post by acaronarvaezofeliaesperanza1 »

:roll: :lol: :lol:
Soy dirctora de historia familiar barrio la Ribera Estaca Duran Sur. soy muy agradecida a mi Padre Celestial por la bendición de este maravilloso llamamiento me ayudado a bendecir a mis antepasados llevándolos al templo para gozar de esta gloriosa obra vicaria y estar unidos a ellos .
Y de ayudar amis hermanos a llevar su antepasados al templo y cumplir con amor nuestra mayordomía gracias queridos hermanos soy muy feliz de pertenecer a la IGLESIA DE JESUCRISTO DE LOS SANTOS DE LOS ÚLTIMOS Días
culalaj

Post by culalaj »

As much as I hate to say this. But I don't really like changing my password every six months! I am running out of password to put. How can I set up my account without changing the password every six months, other members do not need to change it from time to time. I hate this. Please help me. I start changing this after my mission, now I am 5 years RM. :evil:

Return to “Church Account”