Updating LDS Account Information

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
jwsavage

Re: Updating LDS Account Information

Post by jwsavage »

My new email address is---[personal information deleted]
danielpurdie

Post by danielpurdie »

KooBE wrote:Can you two guys please provide more detail information about this issue? I need to know following information.
1. What country are you in?
2. What language version of OS do you use? For example, Windows 10 Japanese version.
3. What kind of web browser version are you use? You guys already stated web browser name, but I also need version. for example, IE 10, IE 9...
4. Can you also send me a few screenshots? That would be very helpful.
Thanks.
1. Australia.
2. Have tried on Window 10, English. Also on Windows 7, English. Also on Android 5.1 and 4.4.3.
3. Have tried on Internet Explorer 10, Edge 25.10586, Chrome 48.0.2564.116 m, Firefox 44.0.2
4. Images:
a) When I try to save, and it fails (every time), the 'Personal Information' link at the left always turns red.

b) If I click on the 'Personal Information' link on the left, this error message appears above the main text.

c) If I click on any of the other links on the left, the error message box turns re.
princesslsl

Post by princesslsl »

My ward clerk says that he has changed my name on my membership record, but my name is still showing as my maiden name. It appears that all he changed was my preferred name. What do I need to tell him to change in order for my record to reflect my new legal name?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

princesslsl wrote:My ward clerk says that he has changed my name on my membership record, but my name is still showing as my maiden name. It appears that all he changed was my preferred name. What do I need to tell him to change in order for my record to reflect my new legal name?
There are four places your name might need to be changed:
  • The Display Name on your LDS Account. You're the only one that can change that, and you do that at ldsaccount.lds.org.
  • Your full name (only your ward clerk can do this -- ditto for the preferred name and household name)
  • Your preferred name
  • Your household name
Also, if you use FamilySearch.org, you probably want to go to Settings (on the drop down under your name on the right-hand side) and then change your Display Name (on the Account tab) and your Contact Name (on the Contact tab).
cannbl

Post by cannbl »

I have changed my phone number from homeland number to mobile number. The reason I updated it is on the printouts for the Temple cards it showed my landline number which is no longer valid. I put in my mobile number [redacted] and now you are saying it has been deleted from my account information. Please reenter it . Correct number again to verify [redacted]Thank you Carmela Ann B. Laney ;)
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

cannbl wrote:I have changed my phone number from homeland number to mobile number. The reason I updated it is on the printouts for the Temple cards it showed my landline number which is no longer valid. I put in my mobile number [redacted] and now you are saying it has been deleted from my account information. Please reenter it .
No one here at the Forum is able either to delete or to reenter your phone number (which has been redacted -- this is a public forum). You will need to sign in to your LDS Account and enter the number yourself under Contact Settings.
ecuaozzy

Post by ecuaozzy »

Can´t change a mistake on my first name (not the preferred one)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ecuaozzy wrote:Can´t change a mistake on my first name (not the preferred one)
You need to talk with your ward membership clerk.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
deaune

Post by deaune »

My callings list "Unknown" and then under it shows my calling. How can I get "Unknown" removed?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Have your ward clerk remove the custom calling they have for you at the ward level. Then you will only see the stake level standard calling.

Return to “Online Donations”