Updating LDS Account Information

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
eblood66

Re: Updating LDS Account Information

Post by eblood66 »

ArlynYoung1976 wrote:When I try to change it in my account settings online it informs me that my new number has already been used for a different account recovery number.
Try changing the number in the Directory (https://www.lds.org/Directory) by clicking on the My Household tab, then on the edit button at the top of the right side and then on the edit link just below the phone number. I don't think the directory will complain about the number being used elsewhere.

I don't think changing your number at https://ldsaccount.lds.org will change what ward members see anyway. I think that number is only used for account recovery. Members see what's listed in the Directory.

By changing your number only in the directory you won't be able to recover your LDS account using your new number but you could still recover using the membership number if needed.

To get your LDS Account phone number changed would probably require a call to the Global Service Center and they would probably have to verify that you are the owner of the phone number. Your ward clerk can help you call them if you feel you need to do that.
rog_d_adams

Post by rog_d_adams »

We tried to register my daughter with a phone that does not accept SMS text messages. Now we are unable to recover because it keeps trying to recover using the bad number. How do I change the phone number or add the email so she can use her account?
jallenboyer

Post by jallenboyer »

I can't use LDS tools until I update my account. BUT... I'm trying to update my account and it won't let me. I'm told to add my MRN because I somehow indicated when opening the account originally that I was a member but never added it. So, I attempt to add it and I'm told that MRN already exists and I can't use it....Kind of frustrating. So how do I "update my account" so I can use LDS tools if my account already exists but isn't somehow attached to me or my app on my phone? I'm in my elders quorum presidency and I need to use this app. Please help me!

Jonathan Boyer
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jallenboyer wrote:So, I attempt to add it and I'm told that MRN already exists and I can't use it....Kind of frustrating.
From the lds.org sign in page, click on the "forgotten username" link and use the MRN option to recover that. Odds are you created a LDS Account in the past and forgot about it.

Use a similar method to recover the password.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
triwayne

Post by triwayne »

how add names to roster and how t o delete
stevenhpond

Post by stevenhpond »

When I last changed my password, I was serving as temple president. I have since been released and now serve as ward mission leader.

Do I need to update my password?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

stevenhpond wrote:When I last changed my password, I was serving as temple president. I have since been released and now serve as ward mission leader.
Do I need to update my password?
If you see the "workforce" tab at LDSAccount.LDS.org, you'll be required to update your password periodically. If you still show as workforce after being released from a calling that requires "workforce" access, you can work with your clerk, who can call Local Unit Support on your behalf.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
oglesbeed

Post by oglesbeed »

I would like to change my address. When I print family names to take to the Temple. It shows I live at [--removed--]. I have moved to [--removed--]
Last edited by scgallafent on Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove private information
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

oglesbeed wrote:I would like to change my address. When I print family names to take to the Temple. It shows I live at [--removed--]. I have moved to [--removed--]
In FamilySearch, click on your name in the upper right corner. Click on "Settings". Then click on the "Contact" tab. You can update your address there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I have removed the private information from your message. This is a public forum and that information can be viewed by anyone.

Since this is primarily a user-to-user forum, we cannot provide assistance with changing your address. To change the address on your FamilySearch account, log into FamilySearch. Click on your name at the top right of the page and choose Settings. Click the CONTACT option in the menu (below "Settings for Your Name") to view and change your contact information.

Return to “Online Donations”