LDS Account Membership Record Numbers

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Account Membership Record Numbers

Post by russellhltn »

joyakling wrote:I have selected "Forgot your username" option and I still get the message that the MRN and birthday don't match or that there is another account with the same info.
If you've selected the "Forgot your username" and used the MRN option, then something is wrong with your MRN. Note that handwritten sources such as a temple recommend can be incorrect. The best option is to ask the clerk for a IOS (Information and Ordnance Summery). That will list your MRN and Birth Date on the records so you can check it for accuracy.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
justicebrittany01

Post by justicebrittany01 »

How does one get their record number. I am in a new location and don't know who to contact.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

justicebrittany01 wrote:How does one get their record number. I am in a new location and don't know who to contact.
If you have a temple recommend, it can be found there (although, it may be incorrect).

If you go to maps.LDS.org and put in your home address, you'll find out what ward you belong in and contact information.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
frostkathleen1

Post by frostkathleen1 »

the numbers on my family search account MRN and my Temple Recommend number are different. There is a one number discrepancy. Whom do I see about this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

frostkathleen1 wrote:Whom do I see about this?
I'm not sure as I'd worry too much about it. If the recomend is activated, then only the barcode will be used from now on. But I would raise the issue the next time the recomend is renewed so the correct MRN is recorded and not just copied from the old one (which is usually how the error happens).

mojoluv

Post by mojoluv »

when trying to log into lds tools and add my membership number, it tells me that I am not a member. I had previously logged into my account and at one point I had accidently hit the "I am not a member" button. Maybe this is part of the problem so how would I even begin to change my membership to being a member.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Log into LDS Account and go to the Membership tab and enter your membership record number (MRN) there.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Saraashlyguerra

Post by Saraashlyguerra »

Hi,

I’m inactive but I’m working on my genealogy. I need my MRN number to access my account. How can I get a copy of the number ?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Saraashlyguerra wrote:I’m inactive but I’m working on my genealogy. I need my MRN number to access my account. How can I get a copy of the number ?
You'll have to contact the clerk of the ward that has your records. There's no way to get it online unless you already have it.

MRSNorth

Post by MRSNorth »

Get membership record number

Return to “Church Account”