LDS Account Membership Record Numbers

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Account Membership Record Numbers

Post by russellhltn »

VSasser19221 wrote:I have already tried the forgot my username with my MRN, but it says it is being used.
Something is being lost in the telling. Attempting to recover using the MRN option will either result in recovery, no account found, or that account can't be recovered.

I've only heard about "MRN in use" when attempting to add the MRN to an account. And IIRC, the message indicates that it's either in use or a bad number. For security reasons, the answer tends to be a bit vague. If you're trying to get the MRN off of a handwritten paper, like your temple recommend, it may not have been written correctly.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
marifsilva

Post by marifsilva »

Olá, poderia por favor me ajudar... estou tendo dificuldades em acessar alguns recursos da minha conta SUD. Não consigo visualizar as informações de ala para fazer o contato, pois quero fazer a solicitação do Número de Registro de Membro (NRM).
Agradeço a atenção Mari
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

marifsilva wrote:Olá, poderia por favor me ajudar... estou tendo dificuldades em acessar alguns recursos da minha conta SUD. Não consigo visualizar as informações de ala para fazer o contato, pois quero fazer a solicitação do Número de Registro de Membro (NRM).
Agradeço a atenção Mari
Google translation:
Hello, could you please help me... I am having difficulty accessing some features of my LDS account. I can not view the ward information to make the contact as I want to request the Member Registration Number (NRM).
Thank you Mari's attention.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
AmyBeach

Post by AmyBeach »

I am trying to gain a copy of my patriarchal blessing. I haven't been to church in about 10 years, and I've been thinking of my blessing a lot. Anyways, I was asked to upload a copy of my drivers license, and I thought I did, and attached a copy to the email I sent back. They didn't receive it. What is the correct process to do this? Thanks in advance.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

AmyBeach wrote:I am trying to gain a copy of my patriarchal blessing.
That's a straightforward process once your LDS Account is connected to your membership record.

AmyBeach wrote:I haven't been to church in about 10 years,
Which probably means you don't have your MRN (membership number) connected with this account.

AmyBeach wrote: Anyways, I was asked to upload a copy of my drivers license, and I thought I did, and attached a copy to the email I sent back. They didn't receive it. What is the correct process to do this?
I've never heard of doing that before. I assume (hope!) it was a church employee trying to look up your record. If the email address didn't end in "@ldschurch.org" I'd be very concerned.

This forum is user-to-user support. The only thing I can suggest is going though the ldsaccount help page. If you drill down, you'll see a "Additional Support Options" link.

The only other route I know is to use maps.lds.org to find your ward and ask that your records be moved in. Then the ward can give you your MRN.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:
AmyBeach wrote:I was asked to upload a copy of my drivers license
I've never heard of doing that before. I assume (hope!) it was a church employee trying to look up your record.
The only time I am aware of when the Church will ask for a copy of your drivers license is when you are applying to serve as a missionary. The Patriarchal Blessing site does not ask for that information.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:The only time I am aware of when the Church will ask for a copy of your drivers license is when you are applying to serve as a missionary. The Patriarchal Blessing site does not ask for that information.
Yes, but if someone is wanting a MRN added to their account, I'd hope the person helping would need more than someone's say-so as to who they are. Particularly since MRNs can gain access to the person's past donations.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Yes, but if someone is wanting a MRN added to their account, I'd hope the person helping would need more than someone's say-so as to who they are. Particularly since MRNs can gain access to the person's past donations.
The Church has validation procedures already in place that do not require the use a drivers license.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:The Church has validation procedures already in place that do not require the use a drivers license.
I'm just remembering the questions I'm asked when I call in. I could see an inactive member not remembering that personal info.

joyakling

Post by joyakling »

I am having the same problem that other people have stated above and I have selected "Forgot your username" option and I still get the message that the MRN and birthday don't match or that there is another account with the same info. If there is another account, how can that be found? Can I delete that account?

Return to “Church Account”