Can't login to LDS.org

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Can't login to LDS.org

Post by lajackson »

pagallasl wrote:Any ideas on how to recover with MNR or email instead of with questions?
If you use the "Forgot your username?" prompt, you should be able to enter the MRN and date of birth to recover the account.
Rodriguinho

Post by Rodriguinho »

I am Rodrigo from Brazil.

I'm trying to help a member to recover his Username and password of his Lds Account, however if I put the MRN the option for recovery appears as "Not possible".
I tried using his e-mail address but this e-mail address is not more active and the member doesn't have a way to access again to that account of e-mail. Then I tried to recover it through the cellphone number, however the number is not more active and the member doesn't have a way to receive SMS to that number.

How can I help him?

Thank you,

Rodrigo
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Rodriguinho wrote:I am Rodrigo from Brazil.
I'm trying to help a member to recover his Username and password of his Lds Account, however if I put the MRN the option for recovery appears as "Not possible".
I tried using his e-mail address but this e-mail address is not more active and the member doesn't have a way to access again to that account of e-mail. Then I tried to recover it through the cellphone number, however the number is not more active and the member doesn't have a way to receive SMS to that number.
How can I help him?
Thank you,
Rodrigo
The clerk in your ward can change the email address on his membership record to one he uses currently, then the member can recover his account using that email address.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Paulweitzel

Post by Paulweitzel »

[RESOLVED]

I had a problem where it said my username or password was wrong. I reset, waited, cleared cache, set new password. Again, couldn't log in. So I did that again waiting up to a week. Eventually got tech support. He had me log in to
https://ldsaccount.lds.org/

It accepted my password. Somehow it reset everything, now it works again.
TomasBat

Post by TomasBat »

My mother received a prompt from lds.org that she had to change her password. She did but now she can't log in to lds.org nor lds tools, BUT she can log in to Family Search with the new password.

We made absolutely sure the password had been correctly reset, we tried logging in through another computer, we went through the FAQ, she filled all the "can't log in to my account" troubleshooting forms, but nothing. She also sent two emails to support but received no reply whatsoever even though the stipulated 5 business days have passed.

There appears to be a bug with her account and we would need an administrator to give it a look and possibly reset her whole password configuration or something.

We'd really appreciate any help!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

TomasBat wrote:My mother received a prompt from lds.org that she had to change her password. She did but now she can't log in to lds.org nor lds tools, BUT she can log in to Family Search with the new password.
Try the tip in the post before yours. See if that helps.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TomasBat

Post by TomasBat »

Tried entering the password at https://ldsaccount.lds.org/. Still didn't work. Is there a number the ward clerk can call to resolve this issue?
lester.farewell

Post by lester.farewell »

I can't log or sign in with our clerk's office' computer whenever I try logging into the lds.org. When I click the sign in, it just keeps on stopping and don't proceed to "sign in." Someone help me please.
JSKvavle

Post by JSKvavle »

I cannot log on to LDS on my iPad. It lets me log in via my iPhone
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

JSKvavle wrote:I cannot log on to LDS on my iPad. It lets me log in via my iPhone
Are you trying to log into LDS.org in a web browser, or are you signing into an app, like Gospel Library or LDS Tools?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Church Account”