How to get MRN online

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: How to get MRN online

Post by sbradshaw »

LizMartini wrote:I wanted to use the MRN for Ancestry.com's free version. I was born, raised, baptized an LDS but it has been decades since I've gone to church except for funerals. Do I have to be in "good standing" in order to get a MRN? May not be worth it if it means I will be hounded to go to church.
Seems like my family has paid (literally) for these records and contributed their family records. I have multiple generations of Mormons on both sides of the family. I am working on a book for my family.... Would appreciate help in understanding my options here.
Every member of the Church has a membership record number. If you don't know what yours is, you'll need to contact your bishop or one of your ward clerks, who can give it to you.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
junvillanueva

Post by junvillanueva »

russellhltn wrote:The only way to get it online is if it's already associated with your LDS Account. But the usual reason people want their MRN is to add it to their account. Catch -22.

See your ward membership clerk or bishopric member. The number on the temple recommend is another source, but that might be wrong.
can I know my church history sincr I was baptized? please help me find it,
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

junvillanueva wrote: can I know my church history sincr I was baptized? please help me find it,
By in large, there is no listing of callings or past wards available to the member.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
hawssylvia

Post by hawssylvia »

I would like to buy new garments, but do not have my MRN.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

You MRN will be on a temple recommend, or your ward clerk will be able to give it to you.
indigochick1111

Post by indigochick1111 »

How do you get your MRN if you can't even get contact information for the ward clerk. I have tried the bishop's phone number online and no response and the ward offices phone number is disconnected.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

indigochick1111 wrote:How do you get your MRN if you can't even get contact information for the ward clerk. I have tried the bishop's phone number online and no response and the ward offices phone number is disconnected.
I'd suggest visiting the ward on Sunday. If you know of any members in the area, you can ask them for the contact information.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

NevaJJ49 wrote:I haven't been to church in many many many moons. I have no idea where my records are. Is there a way I can get info online? or by phone? and who would I call? Thank you
You can use the "meetinghouse locator" to find out the phone number of the bishop of the ward where you now live.
Without logging in to LDS.org, click on "My account and ward" on the top right side of the page.
Click on "Meetinghouse Locator" and then enter your address in the search box.
Click on the name of the ward in the box on the left side, and it will give you the bishop's name and phone number.
You can call him and he can help you recover your membership number.
Stahl6477

Post by Stahl6477 »

My MRN is packed away at my parents house after I moved to a new house. They live quite far away, and my baptism and membership records are in a safe box. But I'm really trying to join the Branford Fl, ward, and was trying to get it the fastest way. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and God bless all of you.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

If you can log in to your LDS Account, and if your LDS Account is connected to your MRN, you can sign in to your LDS Account, then click on "My Account and Ward", then "Account Settings", then "Membership".

If you plan to have your membership record moved to your new ward, the ward membership clerk can move your records with only your full name and your date of birth. Once the record is moved (takes at most a few seconds), the clerk will be able to see your MRN.

Return to “Church Account”