How to get MRN online

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
brassfieldthorpe

Re: How to get MRN online

Post by brassfieldthorpe »

Can someone help please. I'm not a LDS church member but have an account for my own research. At the moment I am doing research for an LDS member who is pretty much illiterate. He has given me his MRN so will it be ok for me to use with my account or should I set up a separate one in his name? Many thanks Carol
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

brassfieldthorpe wrote:At the moment I am doing research for an LDS member who is pretty much illiterate. He has given me his MRN so will it be ok for me to use with my account or should I set up a separate one in his name?
Using that MRN on your account would make you appear to be that person. It would also make it pretty much impossible for that member to give control to someone else at a future date. (Only one account that have a given MRN, and there's no way to remove a MRN from the account.) That would amount to ID theft.

Creating a separate account would be far better, but I'm not sure to what extent the church allows others to manage a member's account. A member account gives access to things far beyond Family History resources, it also allows access to their financial records.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
edoremukoro

Post by edoremukoro »

i need to get my mrn so i can register my details,
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

edoremukoro wrote:i need to get my mrn so i can register my details,
Please see "Where do I find my membership record number (MRN)?" in this link
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jacquelynelkington

Re: How to find my sons MRN?

Post by jacquelynelkington »

I have an lds account, but I can;t find my sons MRN. Help, help.
eblood66

Re: How to find my sons MRN?

Post by eblood66 »

jacquelynelkington wrote:I have an lds account, but I can;t find my sons MRN. Help, help.
If your LDS Account has your own MRN recorded and if your son is in your unit and in your own household then you can view his MRN by visiting https://lds.org/directory, clicking on My Household on the left side, and then clicking on the link named Show Record Number under his name.

However, if your MRN is not linked to your account you will get an error when visiting https://lds.org/directory. In that case, the quickest way to get his MRN would probably be to contact your ward clerk.

If your son is not in your ward or is an adult and not in your household then you probably cannot get his MRN baring special circumstances.
dianaviancha

Post by dianaviancha »

hola quiero saber si el mrn es el mismo número de membresia gracias
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dianaviancha wrote:hola quiero saber si el mrn es el mismo número de membresia gracias
Si.

LizMartini

Post by LizMartini »

I wanted to use the MRN for Ancestry.com's free version. I was born, raised, baptized an LDS but it has been decades since I've gone to church except for funerals. Do I have to be in "good standing" in order to get a MRN? May not be worth it if it means I will be hounded to go to church.
Seems like my family has paid (literally) for these records and contributed their family records. I have multiple generations of Mormons on both sides of the family. I am working on a book for my family.... Would appreciate help in understanding my options here.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You don't have to be in "good standing", but in your situation, you're probably going to have to show up at the ward to ask for it. While there are ways to see it on-line, you have to have it on your account already to see it. (Catch-22). Certain church leaders can see it on-line, but you'd have to identify yourself to one of them.

Return to “Church Account”