I am having trouble with the CA/afp link

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
brianjbarlow

I am having trouble with the CA/afp link

Post by brianjbarlow »

I am trying to logon to the page to fill out a letter for my restoration of blessings, however the link lds.org/ca/afp/member link brings up the message "Requested resource not found". My bishop brought me the steps to log in but I can't get the link to work.

My LDS account is working great, and I'm able to log onto that without any problems.

I am wondering, does my bishop have to enable that site for me on his end? Or is it something wrong with my computer? I have MacOs Maverik and have tried safari, opera and chrome. I also tried it on my iPad and iPhone to no avail.

Thanks for any help.
johnshaw

Re: I am having trouble with the CA/afp link

Post by johnshaw »

Are you able to start at https://leader.lds.org and go through the menu system there rather than using the link provided?
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
brianjbarlow

Post by brianjbarlow »

No looks like that one says access denied.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

johnshaw wrote:Are you able to start at https://leader.lds.org and go through the menu system there rather than using the link provided?
Access to that site is limit to those with certain callings. The general membership does not have access.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd think your LDS Account has to be linked to your Membership Record Number (MRN) in order for anything like that to work. I'd suggest going to ldsaccount.lds.org and on the left side select 'membership'. Make sure the number shown is your membership number.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
brianjbarlow

Post by brianjbarlow »

russellhltn wrote:I'd think your LDS Account has to be linked to your Membership Record Number (MRN) in order for anything like that to work. I'd suggest going to ldsaccount.lds.org and on the left side select 'membership'. Make sure the number shown is your membership number.
I do have my membership number linked to my account, so I'm thinking the Bishop needs to enable the access for me or something. He explained to me he has never used the online way of doing this before. Is there any Bishops on here that have maybe had to enable access to that page for someone?

Thanks for all the replies by the way, I am very grateful for everyone's help thus far.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

brianjbarlow wrote:so I'm thinking the Bishop needs to enable the access for me or something.
Seems logical. I'm assuming a rebaptism is involved. I'd think that would have to be processed. I wonder if that was done.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

brianjbarlow wrote:I'm thinking the Bishop needs to enable the access for me or something.
Ask your bishop to check at the site and see if there is a way for him to allow you access based on your membership number. (You will have one because you have already been baptized if you are applying for a restoration of blessings.)

Suggest to the bishop that it may be similar to the missionary application site where he has to allow a potential missionary to begin an application.

If your bishop is not able to find a place to do that, he should check with the stake clerk or stake president for further instructions.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

brianjbarlow wrote:[I do have my membership number linked to my account, so I'm thinking the Bishop needs to enable the access for me or something. He explained to me he has never used the online way of doing this before. Is there any Bishops on here that have maybe had to enable access to that page for someone?
I'm not a bishop, but I really doubt that there's any way for you to have access to any part of the Leader and Clerk Resources. I think your bishop is making an incorrect assumption about who has access to that site. You'll just need to write the letter and give it to him, and he'll need to submit your letter with the application.
barbaramiles79

Post by barbaramiles79 »

I am having the same trouble. It says I need to submit my MRN but when I do it says the account already exists. I also get the same "access denied" from the link the Bishop sent. I did write a letter and give it to the Bishop that was submitted, I then got the message there is an online part that needs to be done. I will talk to my Bishop tomorrow and let you know if there is something different that needs to be done.

Return to “Church Account”