What happens to notes saved if a membership status is adjusted

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
davebprice

What happens to notes saved if a membership status is adjusted

Post by davebprice »

What happens to notes saved in scriptures and for other journal entries on an LDS account if the membership of the individual is adjusted to that of excommunication?

If they are removed and deleted, or the member can no longer access them can they be exported before the account is adjusted?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: What happens to notes saved if a membership status is adjusted

Post by russellhltn »

I don't think there is a "export" function. There was one. But not now.

I know non-members can have a LDS Account. And I believe they can have notes. So, I wouldn't think it would change. But I can't be sure.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

As long as a person continues using the same LDS Account, their notes and highlights won't be affected by a change in membership status.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

But I think in the case in the original post, the LDS Account is changed so that it cannot be used. So if the person set up a different account without a membership record number, it may work, but the notes would not be there.

Or would they be kept for a couple of years and could be accessed later pending good things happening in the life of the member?

I do not know for sure how this all works.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:But I think in the case in the original post, the LDS Account is changed so that it cannot be used.
Account disabled or the MRN removed? That would make a difference.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Account disabled or the MRN removed? That would make a difference.
Exactly. And I believe it is the former, not the latter that happens. But again, I do not know.

Return to “Church Account”